View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Find your document using the following list of all policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules. You can jump to the relevant part of the list by clicking a letter in the Index below. Each document has a "view summary descriptions" link beside it to help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, use the dedicated Search Engine instead. You can do a full text search or use filters such as document type, target audience, and keyword.
- Academic Appeals PolicyThis document establishes the principles governing appeals against an academic decision of the University.
- Academic Appeals ProcedureThis document provides further information for students seeking to appeal an academic decision made by the University.
- Academic Costume RulesThe Macquarie University Academic Costume Rule establishes academic costume requirements for graduation ceremonies and other formal events.
- Academic Integrity PolicyThis document establishes the University's Academic Integrity Principles and Values of Academic Integrity.
- Academic Progression PolicyThis document establishes the principles that govern the academic progress of students towards the successful completion of their coursework award.
- Academic Progression ProcedureThis document establishes the process that governs the academic progress of students towards the successful completion of their coursework award.
- Academic Promotion PolicyThis document establishes the principles that underpin the University's approach to academic promotion to Levels B, C, D and E.
- Academic Promotion ProcedureThis document specifies the promotion process, including application requirements, promotion committees, assessment process, and roles and responsibilities associated with academic promotion.
- Academic Senate RulesThe Macquarie University Academic Senate Rules are made by the Council of Macquarie University under section 29 of the Macquarie University Act 1989.
- Acceptable Use of IT Resources PolicyThis document specifies requirements for the respectful, safe, reliable and secure use of Information Technology (IT) Resources provided by the University.
- Acceptable Use of IT Resources Procedure(Expired)This document applies to Authorised Users of Macquarie University’s Information Technology resources at all campuses and locations of the University.
- Access and Security ProcedureThis document outlines the responsibilities and actions associated with access and security of records and information at Macquarie University.
- Accounting Policies PolicyThis document defines approved Accounting Policies, and defines authority for making and amending Accounting Policies.
- Admission of Students under 18 ProcedureThis document specifies the requirements and actions that enable the admission of international and domestic applicants who are under 18 years of age prior to commencement of an approved preparatory, study abroad, undergraduate, or postgraduate course of study at the University.
- Admission PolicyThis document establishes the principles that govern the admission of students to an approved preparatory, undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- Admission ProcedureThis document specifies the requirements and actions that enable the admission of domestic and international applicants to an approved preparatory, undergraduate, or postgraduate coursework study at the University.
- Affiliation of Residential College RulesThe Macquarie University Affiliation of Residential College Rules establish the provisions under which Council may grant affiliation with the University to a residential college whether upon land vested in or acquired by the University, or upon other land if the college is established and maintained in accordance with these rules.
- Alcohol and Drug PolicyThis document establishes the principles that underpin the University’s approach concerning the consumption/use of alcohol or drugs, strategies which minimise the adverse impacts of these substances, and support available for staff and students suffering from an alcohol or drug problem.
- Animal Use for Scientific Purposes PolicyThis document establishes the principles that underpin the University’s approach concerning responsibilities relating to the ethical and humane use of animals for scientific purposes.
- Appointment of a Head of Department PolicyThis document provides a framework for the selection and appointment of a Head of Department and an acting Head of Department.
- Appointment of a Head of Department ProcedureThis document outlines the responsibilities of key University stakeholders throughout the stages of adverting, suitability assessment and appointment.
- Assessing Recognition of Prior Learning Applications ProcedureThis document specifies the responsibilities and actions required for the assessment or reassessment of applications for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for the purpose of admission and/or Credit Transfer, and the rescission of Credit.
- Assessment PolicyThis document establishes the principles that underpin the University’s approach to assessment.
- Assessment ProcedureThe Assessment Procedure supports the implementation of the Assessment Policy.
- Attendance Policy - Macquarie University International CollegeThis document establishes the attendance expectations for all students studying at the Macquarie University International College.
- Attendance Procedure - Macquarie University International CollegeThis document specifies the actions required for monitoring and responding to attendance of Students at the Macquarie University International College.
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) PolicyThis document provides a clear, factual, and concise statement of a graduate’s academic achievements for an international audience and to ensure that Macquarie University complies with Government requirements relating to the Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
- Award of Distinguished Professor PolicyThis document established the principles and standards for the award of the title of Macquarie University Distinguished Professor.
- Award of Distinguished Professor ProcedureThis document sets out roles and responsibilities for the award of the title of Macquarie University Distinguished Professor.
- Award of University Council Title of Emeritus PolicyThis document establishes the criteria for the award of the titles of Emeritus Chancellor, Macquarie University; Emeritus Deputy Chancellor, Macquarie University; and Emeritus Council Member, Macquarie University.