View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Find your document using the following list of all policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules. You can jump to the relevant part of the list by clicking a letter in the Index below. Each document has a "view summary descriptions" link beside it to help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, use the dedicated Search Engine instead. You can do a full text search or use filters such as document type, target audience, and keyword.
- Recognition of Prior Learning PolicyThis document establishes the principles for Macquarie University to apply a consistent, equitable and transparent approach to the Recognition of Prior Learning to determine eligibility for admission to the University and/or Credit Transfer.
- Records and Information Management PolicyThis document establishes a framework for the creation and management of authentic, reliable and useable records and information that support business functions and activities of the University and that comply with legislative requirements and relevant standards.
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment ProcedureThis document provides essential information for hiring managers on when and how to conduct a competitive recruitment process. It should be used for recruitment, selection and appointment to continuing and fixed-term positions (academic and professional).
- Release of Student Information GuidelineThis document provides examples to staff and students about when student information may be released / accessed, and when it is not appropriate to do so.
- Release of Student Information PolicyThis document establishes the circumstances in which information may be disclosed to students about their own records, and third parties about students.
- Relocation GuidelineThis document establishes the University’s position on the provision of relocation assistance to staff who are required to relocate.
- Reporting Wrongdoing - Public Interest Disclosures PolicyThis document establishes the principles that underpin the University’s approach to an internal system for receiving, assessing and dealing with internal reports of suspected wrongdoing which are public interest disclosures under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 (NSW), the 'PID Act'.
- Reporting Wrongdoing - Public Interest Disclosures ProcedureThis document provides further information for making a public interest disclosure.
- Request a Waiver of HDR Candidate IP Assignment ProcedureThis document provides clear instructions on how HDR candidates can request a waiver of the requirement to assign the Intellectual Property (IP) generated during the course of their enrolment to the University and the criteria that will be taken into consideration when assessing the waiver request.
- Request to Assign IP Rights to Third Party ProcedureThis document provides clear instructions on how IP Rights (title or other) can be assigned to another entity (third party) and the criteria that will be taken into consideration when assessing the request to assign those IP Rights.
- Request to Handback IP to University Member ProcedureThis document provides clear instructions on how IP can be handed back to the inventor (University Member) and the criteria that will be taken into consideration when assessing the request.
- Request to Transfer IP Rights to HDR Candidate ProcedureThis document provides clear instructions on how HDR candidates can request the transfer the IP rights developed by them whilst studying at the university and assigned to the University on enrolment, and the criteria that will be taken into consideration when assessing the transfer request.
- Research Overheads and Infrastructure Costs PolicyThis document specifies the requirement to include a contribution towards the Overhead and Infrastructure Costs incurred by the University for external research grants, collaborations, and consultancies.
- Research Training Program Scholarships PolicyThis document provides information regarding the administration of RTP Scolarships at the University.
- Resource Management PolicyThis document establishes the University’s approach to effective and efficient resource management relating to energy, water and waste.
- Retention and Disposal ProcedureThis document identifies responsibilities and actions for retention and disposal of University records and information in accordance with the Records and information Management Policy
- Return to Work PolicyThis document establishes Macquarie University's approach to rehabilitation and return to work for staff members who have acquired an injury or illness as a result of a workplace incident or accident.
- Return to Work ProcedureThis document provides further information on how the University will help an injured staff member to return to work, and the reciprocal responsibilities of the injured staff member.
- Room Booking PolicyThis document establishes how to book a facility and the priority order in which activities are booked.